Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Typographical Conveyance

For this assignment we were to create a concept theme using typography, to create "typed base images that reflect the meaning of the words they portray."I chose to create an umbrella using only letters and words. To create this image I used Microsoft PowerPoint. As you can see I first created the edge of the umbrella with the letter C. For the handle of the umbrella I used the letter J, and the letter V for the top of the umbrella. Then on the inside I decided to have every letter of the alphabet scrambled about, I used repetition as well as angling/rotation of the letters. Then I added in certain words that reflect the theme of an umbrella. I adjusted the size as well as the color to give it a greater effect. I really believe I was able to establish and reflect the shape of an umbrella, if you were to look at this from far away you may not realize that it is created all out of letters and words.

In regards to Kraus questions on clarity, audience, and purpose, I think I was able to tackle all three effectively. Everything in this image is working towards the same overall message and goal of the umbrella. I do not think anyone would misinterpret this for something else. I think this is easily recognizable to my target audience, which is this class, and I tried to use basic lingo to reflect the theme. The purpose of this image is to reflect a certain object or theme without using any visuals, and I think this image would be more informative rather than persuasive. I am informing my target audience of my theme through clear distinctions of letters and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment