Thursday, January 19, 2012

Principles of Visual Design

For this assignment we were to work with each slide containing the before components and alter them to include the visual attributes of Proximity, Alignment, Repetition, and Contrast.

Picture 1:

Proximity- I grouped together the contact information as well as the directions so that people can have the more important details in one area.


Alignment- I aligned the hard edge line to border the main poster title so that it is the first thing that your eye looks to.


Repetition- I gave the main title and catch phrase the same font and then grouped the contact information and directions with a different font.


Contrast- I made the main title much larger than all the other information to catch your eye. I also increased the size of the image to give you something else to look at.



Before

After

Picture 2:


Proximity- I grouped together similar shapes to create a better understanding of the image.


Alignment-   I aligned the shapes within one another.


Repetition- I grouped the similar shapes together and then in increments consistently decreased the size of the shapes within one another for repetition.


Contrast- To contrast the different shapes and filled each one with a different color and added some drop shadow effects to make them stand out. 


Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment